Purses handbags : Free handbag : Spring 2011 handbag.
- A woman's purse
- (handbag) bag: a container used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women); "she reached into her bag and found a comb"
- A handbag or purse in American English, is a medium to large bag, that is often fashionably designed, typically used by women, and used to hold personal items such as wallet/coins, keys, gloves, cosmetics, a hairbrush, cellular device or personal digital assistant, feminine hygiene products, etc.
- Said jocularly in response to a particularly derogatory, bitchy or catty dialogue; calm down; cool it
- (with reference to the lips) Pucker or contract, typically to express disapproval or irritation
- (purse) bag: a container used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women); "she reached into her bag and found a comb"
- (purse) a sum of money spoken of as the contents of a money purse; "he made the contribution out of his own purse"; "he and his wife shared a common purse"
- (purse) contract one's lips into a rounded shape
The iconic Hermes Kelly bag, made from first stitch to last by a single craftsperson. Judith Leiber’s whimsical minaudiFres, Moschino’s smiley-face bag, Elsa Schiaparelli’s surrealist “bird cage,” and the ne plus ultra of fashionable purses–the Chanel bag, reinvented for a new generation by Karl Lagerfeld. There are novelty bags, evening bags, sculptural bags, and class acts. Practical leather pochettes to carry a life, and elegant little reticules for nothing more than a credit card and a lipstick. Profiles of famous bagmakers: Jamin Puech, Kate Spade, Carlos Falchi, and the poet of utility, Bonnie Cashin, with her visionary “Cashin Carry” bags for Coach. Plus the anonymous Florentine artisans whose specialist leather workshops sprouted up in the 14th century.
A labor of love written by Anna Johnson, author of Three Black Skirts, Handbags features over 900 bags from collections, museums, and designers around the world, most of them photographed in seductive full-color exclusively for the book. The perfectly matched complement to Shoes, Handbags is about fashion, about desire, about secrecy, craftsmanship, art, and imagination as well as about the changing roles of women–everything that’s packed into every important bag. Includes timelines, fascinating captions, and the “It” bags–anyone for a Fendi baguette?